Monday 30 September 2013

20 Minute Dress

I found  an interesting pattern online for a dress you can make quickly:
http://designfixation.blogspot.no/2012/03/faiths-twenty-minute-dress.html

I liked the sound of a dress you can make in 20 minutes, and decided to try making one myself.  A friend, who has an overlocker, also wanted to try, so we bought some fabric, and had a sewing evening.  I used a cotton jersey, which drapes well but is quite easy to work with.  It took me 2 evenings to sew my dress.  I discovered that my Bernina sewing machine has a nice overlock stitch, which finished off the neckline nicely once I'd practiced on some scraps of material.

I adjusted the arm holes a bit, as I thought they were too wide, and made my dress about knee length, which was the longest I could with the fabric I bought.  Other possibilities are a maxi length, and a tunic length, and I've bought some more fabric already to try a different variation.

It was fun to make, and I've used the dress several times this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment